|Ronald A. Mitchell||
11057 Lamour Ln ▪ Reno, NV 89521|
775-461-2020 ▪ email@example.com
Troubleshooting in Windows, UNIX and Mainframe environments…Architecture and design of IT solutions…Process Re-engineering…Organization Redesign… Performance Improvement
Strategic Planning…Project Management…Operational Efficiency &
Cost Savings…Team Leadership…Customer Satisfaction
IT leader with a solid track record of success, developing world-class technological solutions and troubleshooting all types of IT systems to exceed customer needs/requirements and promoting a high degree of satisfaction. With an extensive background in managing cross-functional teams in hardware and software products, I am highly skilled in streamlining work flows and using IT technology in innovative ways to solve real world business problems. Ability to keep an eye on efficiency and cost effectiveness that increase productivity and improve performance.
100% Hands on Technical Competencies
Hardware: Large Scale Mainframes (IBM and compatibles), desktops, notebooks, netbooks, laptops, handheld devices, Windows Servers, iPhones, iPads, cell phones, tablets, wireless access points/routers, high speed switches, printers, broadband wireless, Barracuda Network products.
Software: MS Office Suite (95-2010), Outlook, Visio, Info Path, SQL, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop Elements, Expression Web 3 / 4, MS Visual Studio, Windows 95, 97, 98, XP, Vista, 7, 8, Windows NT Server versions 3.5, 3.51, 4.0, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, Virtualization with Hyper-V, Exchange Server versions 5, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, SQL Server and SQL Server Express (multiple versions including 2012), IBM Operating Systems (MVS, VM, Sys390), Open Systems (Unix – PC and Mainframe based).
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, WLAN, DSL, METRO-E, Fiber Optic, Cable, VPN, Routers, Firewalls.
Other: SharePoint 2007, Internet/Intranet/Extranet Web site design and implementation, relational databases.
MGM Resorts International, Reno, NV
IT Manager at Circus Circus Reno, 10/2012-Present
Providing IT services and support to the Circus Circus Hotel and Casino. This includes, but not limited to, Food and Beverage, Gaming, Cage, Kronos Time keeping system, Finance, Compliance.
- Managing a staff of 3
- Successful mentoring and cross training of staff
- Responsible for:
- all server and desktop support
- managing vendor relationships
- network management
- On Call support for 24x7 environment
- Installation of the latest version of Saflok Hotel Key System
- Server and related Saflok Software
- Workstation Saflok Software and Key Encoders
- Stabilization of Workstations eliminating frequent outages
- Workstation refresh where aging equipment was replaced
- Providing diagnostic and repair support for aging Nortel switch gear
- Managing 30 Windows based servers
- Installation and management of a Barracuda Networks Backup 690 in replacement of an old Symantec Backup Exec tape library backup system
- Cross training of staff
- Support and training for WorkDay
Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California, Gardnerville, NV
Manager of IT, 12/2009-6/2012
As Manager of IT at Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California where the challenge was a population of 800 users who had access to old technology IT systems. My responsibilities included but not limited to hiring/firing, performance reviews, and management for 8 System Administrators as well as managing the day to day operations of the computing environment across Nevada and California. Additional responsibilities included hardware acquisition, phone system, cell phones, and support of end-users, staff training, mentoring, and staying on budget.
- Manage staff of 8 system administrators responsible for maintain 16 HP Servers and 800 desktop/laptop systems.
- Responsible for $400,000 budget
- Acquisition of 4 new Dell 6250 Servers with 32Gb of Memory each
- Four Dell 1Gb Switches with 10Gb failover connections for redundancy
- Two Dell MD-3000i ISCSI Disk Array with dual controllers for redundancy
- Architecture developed with project plan to implement newly acquired hardware for Gardnerville and Sacrament Data Centers. Implemented the new Dell Servers running Windows 2008 R2 Server with HYPER-V
- Completed physical to virtual machine conversion on 8 of the 8 HP servers using Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM).
- Provided employee reviews for staff as previous manager had failed to do them on a timely basis.
- Provided project plan and executed approved project plan for the closure of two offices in California.
- Implemented new Washoe Tribal web site.
- Cost savings by either implementation or negotiations on:
- Replaced Symantec Anti-Virus software with Kaspersky net savings of $5000.00
- Reduction in Verizon Cell Phone annual expenditures net savings of $90,000.00
- Replace Bonded T1 Lines with Metro-E, increased speed from 3 MBs to 15MBs – net savings of $7200/yr
- Acquired and implemented Barracuda Networks Spam 300 machine to reduce SPAM E-Mail
- Acquired and implemented Barracuda Backup 400 machine to replace tape backup system and provide safer digital off-site backup
- Completed in progress implementation of a Grant for Broadband service in the Washoe Tribe Community of Woodfords which included 10 new desktop systems for the Community Learning Center.
- Developed new budget and had it approved by the Tribal Council for the amount of $500,000.00 for Budget Year 2012
- Managed system wide VOIP phone system.
- Developed project plan for migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010
- Negotiated dark site data center for the Sacramento Data Center due to the Sacramento Office closure.
- Successful migration Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 for 600 users.
- Negotiated second Metro-E service for the Woodfords Community with Frontier Communications.
- Successful implementation of Spillman Law Enforcement Software
- Successful implementation of Sage Fund Accounting software (upgrade from previous version)
- Successful implementation of Sage Grant Management software (new to the Tribe)
- Provided support to the Washoe Tribe Health Clinic and worked with Indian Health Services in Phoenix.
- Integrated the Washoe Tribal EPA Department into the Tribal Domain providing better collaborative capabilities between the EPAD and the rest of the Tribal departments.
- Implemented SharePoint 2007 along with the Tribe’s first Intranet site with secured access from outside the LAN.
- Successful implementation of iPhones and iPads into the Tribal Enterprise computing environment along with iMAC/Pro Books (a departure from Windows based systems).
- Implementation of new Virtual Servers to provides services to the Social Services Department.
- Began implementation of upgrades from XP/Pro to Windows 7 and Office 2003 to Office 2010.
- Authored and published the Washoe Tribe IT Policies (they had never had any IT Policies previously)
- Implemented new Tribal informational extranet web site on SharePoint 2007. Implemented new Probation secured intranet site on SharePoint 2007 for the Tribal PD.
- Implemented new secured procedures and processed for the Tribal Clinic to be able to transmit electronically sensitive information to the Tribal Finance Department via SharePoint 2007.
Architected and developed the system specifications for a new system for a Title IV E grant funded program. This architecture was farmed out to a vendor and the implementation as so successful that the Federal Government uses it as the model for how the Title IV E program needs to be implemented.
BCD Consulting LLC, Reno, NV
BCD Consulting LLC was founded as a vehicle to continue to improve my skills while I was a “stay at home dad” from 10 years. BCD Consulting LLC provides world class solutions to small businesses.
- Upgraded Windows 2008 R2 Servers to Windows 2012 (Physical and Virtual) and developed workarounds for Exchange Server 2010 issues with Forefront Security installed.
- Provided complete Data Center design and management to PowerNetix, a startup company in San Jose California.
- Designed LAN for perimeter offices and Wi-Fi for central administrative area. Also designed Wi-Fi access for the R&D and Manufacturing floor so that each could be reconfigured without the restriction of moving cables.
- Developed hardware specifications, negotiated price with Dell, and obtained necessary Server and Desktop Systems for the organization.
- Installed the Server (Windows 2000 with Exchange 2000) and Desktop systems with XP/PRO along with TrendMicro Anti-Virus Software.
- Maintained all systems, including some of the test gear (acquired from Germany) along the organizations web site.
- Contracted to deliver support to five Catholic Churches and one Catholic School.
- Obtained favorable lease pricing for each of the Churches
- Installed and maintained Servers and Desktop systems along with anti-virus software
- Made all locations legal via licensing for MS Office
- Installed Exchange Sever for all locations to provide more professional E-mail correspondence
- Obtained favorable pricing for DSL services for each location
- Maintained all systems (Servers and Desktops) along with networks and DSL services
- Supported a Catholic School
- Web site
- Training for staff
- E-mail and student record keeping
- Computer Lab for students
- Connected the School to the Parish office via fiber optic cabling
- Provided home visits to other customers to resolve home computing issues as well as to install new systems.
- Provided training to customers on as needed basis
- Continue to provide remote support to one Parish in San Jose.
- Recently upgraded Desktops to new hardware running Windows 7 and Windows 8 with Office 2010
- Recently upgraded server hardware to a new server running Windows 2008 R2 with HYPER-V and virtualized two physical Windows 2003 Servers.
Novalux, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Manager of IT, 1/1999-12/2000
Novalux, INC was a startup company in Sunnyvale, CA with a primary goal of building compact laser devices for signal regeneration of the light on fiber optic lines. These devices were lower power and low cooling requirements. Company was sold to an offshore concern.
- Designed and implemented complete computing environment for Novalux
- Installed LAN for Administrative area, R&D area, and Manufacturing
- Installed and maintained Cisco Switches and Firewall
- Connected the LAN to the Internet via DSL
- Obtained, installed, and maintained phone system with voice mail
- Obtained server hardware and desktop systems from Dell
- Installed Server with Windows NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5
- Installed all desktop systems with Windows NT 4.0 Workstation and Office 95
- Developed new employee startup documentation so when new employee started, they had everything they needed to get started day one;
- Phone Extension
- Voice Mail
- User ID/Password
- How to use the system
- Maintained corporate web site
- Developed and implemented IT Policies, processes, and procedures.
- Designed and implemented expansion of the LAN for additional ISO 9000 Clean Room
Amdahl Corporation, Sunnyvale, CA
Principal Systems Engineer, 1/1978-9/1999
- 1978-1981 Field Systems Engineer providing onsite software/hardware support to Amdahl customers. Cross trained to diagnose hardware and software problems on Amdahl 470 Mainframe systems. Included two year assignment in Europe.
- 1981-1982 Advisory Systems Engineer providing technical support to peers on software/hardware issues and troubleshooting of Amdahl’s most difficult issues from the Amdahl Corporate Support Center.
- 1982-1983 Staff Systems Engineer developing solutions to customer problems and participation in engineering bring up of the 580 Mainframe product line. Continued support to 470 product line support.
- 1983-1986 Senior Staff Systems Engineer provided 3rd level worldwide product support on the 580 Mainframe product line. Developed full recovery specifications architecture for UNIX on the 370/390 platform.
- 1986-1999 Principal Systems Engineer where duties included project management in support of new products, technical product manager, and mobile computing solutions for Field personnel, and support models for Windows based server products.
Proficient 100% Hands On Technology Skills
|Hardware||Dell Servers||Dell Desktop Systems||Dell Laptop Systems||HP Servers|
|Sonic Firewalls||Cisco Firewalls||Cisco Switches||Dell Switches|
|Dell NAS||iSCSI Storage||VOIP|
|Microsoft Server OS||Windows 2000||Windows 2003||Windows 2008||Windows 2008 R2|
|Windows 2012||Windows 2012 R2|
|Microsoft Sub-Components||Hyper-V||Active Directory||LDAP||DNS|
|IIS 7, 7.5, 8||.NET 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5||Hyper-V|
|Microsoft Software||SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012||Exchange Server 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013||SharePoint 2007||Dynamics CRM|
|Microsoft Desktop OS||XP/PRO||Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Microsoft Office||2000, 2003||2007||2010||2013|
|T1||MPLS||Remote Desktop Protocol|
|Programing Languages||C||C#||VB Basic|
|Other Operating Systems||UNIX||IBM OS/MVS||IBM OS/SYS390|
|Casino Software||Aristocrat||Aristocrat Gateway|
|Food & Bev||Infogenesis|
|Hotel Key System||Saflok|
|Microsoft Server||Server 2000->2003||Server 2003->2008||Server 2008->2008 R2||Server 2008 R2->2012|
|Microsoft IIS||IIS 5->6||IIS 6-7||IIS 7-7.5||IIS 7.5->8|
|MS Exchange||Exch 5.5->2000||Exch 2000->2003||Exch 2003->2007||Exch 2003-2010|
|Exch 2007->2010||Exch 2010->2013|
|Microsoft Client||XP/Pro->Vista||XP/Pro->Win 7||Vista->Win 7||Win 7->Win 8|
Nevada Gaming License: R4036823 Exp: 10/23/2017
Reference Contact Information for Ron Mitchell
|Christine Montross||Former Director - Amdahl Corpfirstname.lastname@example.org||+1 (408) 378-6649|
|Phil Stangler||Former Co-Worker - Amdahl||Phil@Stangler.net||+1 (314) 422-4059|
|Gil Gonzales||Former Co-Worker - Washoe Tribeemail@example.com||+1 (775) 790-7225|
|Jorge Lopez||Former Tribal Admin - Washoe Tribefirstname.lastname@example.org||+1 (559) 877-2461|
|Nathan Mamo||Friendemail@example.com||+1 (775) 741-0063|
|Sol Langley||Former Co-Worker - Amdahlfirstname.lastname@example.org||+1 (408) 757-8154|
|Idalia Willbanks||BCD Clientemail@example.com||+1 (408) 258-7832|
|Pete Pfefferkorn||Former Amdahl Customer||PFEFFEPE@UCMAIL.UC.EDU||+1 (513) 240-1757|
|Scott Nowacki||Peer - Ocotillo Technology Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org||+1 (602) 319-0726|
|Robert Molenda||Former Co-Worker - Amdahlemail@example.com||+1 (408) 472-8097|
|Pat Lenzi||Former Prosecutor - Washoe Tribefirstname.lastname@example.org||+1 (530) 400-1546|
|Chuck Janco||Contractor - 12Bravoemail@example.com||+1 (440) 991-7511|
|Sam Neeman||Former Director - Amdahl Corpfirstname.lastname@example.org||+1 (510) 739-0114|
|John Mathews||Former Director - Amdahl Corpemail@example.com||+1 (510) 739-0114|